Sunday, July 8, 2012

Tillie Monster

Today, my dog of 8 yrs, my best friend "Tillie" died. The reason I am writing this post is to celebrate the gift that she gave me. In April 2004, she came in my life. She was a rescue dog abandoned because she was too energetic and the owner could not keep up with her. When I got her, she was just a small puppy dog of 4 months. She had a lot of energy, enough to tire me out in few minutes. None of my past dogs prepared me for the experience that I was going to have with her. I had to learn pretty soon, that she was not going to fit in my "Box" of ideal dog. I had to make a decision right then and there, can I keep her and be flexible enough and change my definition of "ideal" dog. Or will I give up on her? Pretty soon I realized I could take her hiking,swimming, walking and teach her obedience through properly chanelling her energy in the right direction. What I want you to see is many times, we have a defined "Box" in life our ideas of what life should be, what ideal career should be, who our friends should be etc. What Tillie taught me is to be open. Open my box up and accept the unusual. Cause most of the time, that unusual will enrich our lives and make us live our life to the fullest. So, here is to my "Tillie Monster", thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Sad to lose a close friend but always good to remember & cherish every moment of joy they brought you.

    ReplyDelete