Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Making a difference with simple things.


Something happened to me over the last week that made me think. A friend of mine gave me a compliment in the afternoon. Guess what, it changed my whole day, I was so happy to hear that she thought so highly of me.  But it made me think, did she realize that by just giving a compliment, she made a difference in my life that day?

How often do you get a chance to make a difference in someone else's life? I am not talking about heroic events such as savings one's life. But I am talking about our ordinary every day lives. Do we think about how we can make a difference with our simple small actions? Often we forget that the simplest gestures are the most powerful ones. They are our smiles, our compliments, our words of encouragement, and believe it or not, just a moment or two of our lives to stop and listen.. If you pay attention in your daily life, you will always find opportunities to bless someone. Most of the time, it will only cost you a smile or a moment. Sometimes our memorable moments are made that way. So don't loose out on the chance to make those moments.

One of my favorite quotes on giving is by Oprah Winfrey:
"I don't think you ever stop giving. I really don't. I think it's an on-going process. And it's not just about being able to write a check. It's being able to touch somebody's life."

No comments:

Post a Comment